Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Satellite Out of Sync

Dear readers:
I am both astounded and humbled to see the number of visitors to this blog and am making this 'oh-so-brief' entry to express my appreciation for your patience.....
First of all, our country existence confines us to satellite service for the internet and the winter storms of December did a number to the dish on the roof of an outbuilding on our property.
Without getting too technical, the heavy snow and high winds messed with the alignment and rendered us signal-less for the entire duration of the holidays.
I had hoped to use the holidays to launch my new blog This Pilgrim's Progress.
It is a work in progress (the blog as well as my life :) and I assure you - it is coming soon to a screen near you!
But I am fussing and fretting over the inaugural post - a memorial of my sister Yvonne on the 20th anniversary of her death and the search for her offspring whom we have not seen since she was whisked from the country more than ten years ago.
It's a bit of family history that needs to go public for the sake of justice, but needs to be shared respectful of so many variances.
When the time comes - and I trust it will be soon, (my sister Yvonne died at age 21, January 8, 1989) I will publish a link to the new blog and invite you to walk this new 'bend in the road' along with me and mine.
God bless your life in 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and Barry and your family too, Joanne.
Blessings with the new blog and your inaugural post. Wow - 20 years. You know, I always think of Yvonne on her birthday since we shared the same day. Prayers that one day you will be able to renew a family relationship with her daughter. Brian and Joyce

Josie said...

Thanks Joyce, so nice to hear from you! Life does goes by at break-neck speed doesn't it?
Well - earthly life does anyway :)
I'm working from a new laptop and switched over to a Mac. It's an amazing machine but the adjustment is a bit tedious, hope to be back in full "blogospheric" force soon! Love to you and Brian.
Joanne