Thursday, June 5, 2008

Self and the Search for Meaning

A confession of sorts...
I've been a nut for all things 'C.S.Lewis' since grade 11 when I played the White Witch of Narnia in a drama production of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Incredibly, though I had been a lifelong voracious reader, I had never come across the Chronicles of Narnia or its' prolific author.
But since that delightful experience?
Clearly, the number of hardcover (denoting highly prized) books in my library collection of the life and work of Clive Staples easily betrays one besotted!
Now, with the generosity and blessing of my beloved one, my baby girl and I are headed off to one of those C.S. Lewis Summer Institutes that I had previously only dreamed of attending...and in the prodigious cities of Oxford and Cambridge no less!
And hear this! We're to stay in the campus dorms on the grounds of the very universities he taught...to which my Catherine says "Crazy man" and her mom says "Surreal man".
Yeah, we're excited.
only 48 more sleeps... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! :) What a great way to "bring us along" on your trip of a lifetime!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures and seeing the pictoral proof of you both in merry old England. Do make sure that you have pictures of both of you over there eh?
Oh and say eh a lot :)