Thursday, February 26, 2009

Passive or Proactive...what are you?

Link: Expelled No Intelligence Allowed
Explanation to follow tonight - but first!...I'm going to enjoy the tepid, almost balmy temperatures outdoors and go for a long walk with my beloved. See ya'll later!
...several hours later.
By the way, last week, my Word of the Day taught me at long last, what "dot dot dot" is officially called: An ellipsis!
So,now we both know. (Don't you feel better about yourself?)
Not only have I enjoyed a lovely walk in the interim, but had it capped with a dinner date at Canyon Creek to boot! Spoiled rotten I am and I know it. It was most enjoyable to fellowship around the table with all our kids again - a tradition fast approaching extinction as each one enters adulthood. *sigh*
But I promised an explanation of this odd, seemingly 'out of the blue' post and I shall preface it with an anecdote of my past.
Many years ago I treated the kids to a day at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) in Toronto.
It began with an elaborate, limited-time special exhibit on dinosaurs. It was a fascinating & serious thrill marred only by the overt and shameless propagation of the evolution theory. The "silence" of any other plausible theory in this display was deafening - at least for those with ears to hear it. I remember feeling angry that my childrens' innocence was being thus manipulated. The attendant for this exhibit merely shrugged his shoulders when queried. This bugged me even more.
In England this past summer, where I had the privilege of attending the remarkable C.S. Lewis Summer Institute to sit under the tutelage of many fine scholars of both Oxford and Cambridge - aka two institutions of the finest "seats of learning", Darwinism reared it's ugly head once again. Let me quickly clarify that it was exposed but not supported by this conference.
My naive notion that our civilized society of the free west had at least put it in its proper place - that of being only one of the theories about the origin of life - was painfully dispelled.
On the contrary, I discovered that a certain Richard Dawkins, today's foremost militant atheist is defending the outdated Darwinian worldview with a belligerence that borders on hysterical. In the media, he is commonly referred to as Darwin's Rottweiler.
Do yourself a huge favour...pour yourself a drink, sit down and watch the video.
Then press the link above, do some research and think about in which camp you belong, the passive or proactive one.

No comments: