Thursday, August 7, 2008

There is a time for everything, and a
season for everything under heaven:
...a time to search
i.e. self and the search for meaning
...and a time to give up
i.e. go back home :)























Yeah, that's taking a rather big liberty with
scripture but I trust you will forgive me this once.
This is the other pic of Joanne I found on file.

I'm leaving on a jet plane with approx. 700 images
on file. I think that's quite sufficient and not too
overblown.
















One last trek through hallowed halls of stone and mortar.




















I did want to point out this tree to my Barry.
Surely it is the largest Beech I've laid eyes on.
Here it is from Trinity Bridge....then I walked over the bridge at Clare college to get the close-ups of the trunk that I am very sure, three of us would not be able to put our arms around!
I'm not sure the pic's will show the scope of it....
















































































Sure am glad we got our tour in yesterday -- look at the punt traffic today!











A sailor greets us every morning from that balconey above the pasty (pronounce with short a) store I was telling you about earlier. I posted a letter today from a quaint Cambridge postie and actually got a bit lost trying to find my way back to Great St. Mary's. Catherine rolls her eyes at this sad but familiar confession. I must say, it's a very lovely place to get lost. I didn't mind the experience in the least! It was the sailor I spotted from a great distance -- like a beacon in the night sky guiding me safely "home".
















These are the very ornate doors of the campus chapel I never once entered for prayers this week.
Too modern for my liking and I didn't want it to trump my memory of the "real deal" back at Keble College.
So I was also too tired at 6:30am to get in there!
So yeah.
I was.












No comments: